5th STAGE International Script Competition Submission Checklist
All submissions to the 5th STAGE Script Competition must include:
- A cover letter.
- A completed and signed copy of the STAGE Entry Form Confirmation. (Click here to go to the online entry form.)
- A bio/resume for each author/collaborator.
- Two copies of a separate one-page (maximum) synopsis of the script. Include the name of the play at the top of this page, but identification and/or the name(s) of the author(s) must not appear anywhere on the synopsis.
- Two copies of a separate written statement with answers to the following three application questions:
- How, specifically, does your play relate to the fields of science and/or technology?
- How has your play developed up to the present? Include information about the artistic evolution of the play and its ideas. Also include information regarding past readings, workshops, etc.
- How do you envision the future development of the script and the culmination of this work?
- Three (3) copies of the play, in English. Since scripts will be read as blind submissions, the title pages on all copies of the play must include only the name of the play and the year in which it was written. Identification and/or the name(s) of the author(s) must not appear anywhere on the scripts. Each script must include a list of characters or a cast breakdown. Double-sided photocopies of scripts are encouraged.
And, if applicable:
- Other supporting materials that must accompany the submission of multi-media theatre pieces, new forms, works that are not entirely script-based, musicals, adaptations, and translations (see Submission Guidelines #3c through #3f for details).
Submission Deadline: Postmarked on or before December 1, 2011
Send submission materials to:
STAGE Script Competition
Professional Artists Lab
CNSI - MC 6105
3241 Elings Hall - Bldg. 266
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-6105
Receipt of complete submissions will be sent by e-mail. Please note that it may take up to three weeks for entries to be processed before a receipt is sent.
We regret that it is not possible to return any submission materials.
Please direct all inquiries about the STAGE Script Competition to: email@example.com